Dodgers GM Ned Colletti went on the Dan Patrick Show today. Some highlights…
- The top two priorities in the offseason will be starting pitching and second base. “Are they decidedly better and will make a drastic difference in the rotation? Ehh,” Colletti said of the free agent pitchers that will be on the market. “School’s out on a couple of them. Rest of them are kind of just more guys.”
- Asked about John Lackey, Colletti, mindful of tampering rules, dodged the question. “Who? He’s with the Angels, right?” Colletti mused.
- The Dodgers will also look to add to their bench. “We don’t know if all those guys will be coming back,” Colletti said.
- On the failed Cliff Lee deal, the final player thrown in the deal by the Dodgers was neither Andre Ethier nor was it Matt Kemp. “I’ll tell you (who) when he’s the All-Star game,” Colletti said.
- And finally, about that Manny Ramirez player option…
Patrick: You want him back, right?
Colletti: Yeah, well, it’s his call.
Patrick: Yeah, I know, but you want him back?
Colletti: Well, we’ll take him back, sure.